(Если на мобильном устройстве или на маленьком экране, прокрутите вниз, и вы найдете русскую версию под английской.)

English Version:

 

On 5th – 6th March 2019, His Grace Bishop Irenei of Richmond and Western Europe made his first archpastoral visitation to the Parish of Christ the Saviour and St Seraphim of Sarov in Sanremo, Italy, marking the first hierarchical visit since the parish’s return to the Western European Diocese of the ROCOR in January of this year.

The history of the Sanremo church dates to the time of Tsarina Maria Alexandrovna, who loved to spend time in the city and after whom one of its popular streets is named (Passeggiata Imperatrice, ‘Empress Walk’), who herself declared a church should be built here — though it would not be completed until three decades after her repose. In 1890, the Grand Duke Sergei Mikhailovich, who also lived in Sanremo, initiated his support of the cause, and in 1910 he instituted the church’s construction committee under an authorising decree from Tsar St Nicholas II. The Emperor not only authorised collections to be taken for the construction of the church, but was personally one of its main benefactors. The building was designed by architects A. V. Shchusev and P. Agosti in the style of 17th-century Moscow temples, and the church was consecrated on 10th December 1913, dedicated to Christ the Saviour, with an additional dedication to the Venerable St Seraphim of Sarov.

For the first years of its existence, there were no permanent clergy nor an organised parish community at the church. A parish committee was formed in 1922 and continued to receive visiting clergy from the exarchal community in Europe; and in 1929 the community passed to the jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, from which time it began to be served by permanent priests: Archpriest Vladimir Polyakov (1929–1935) and Hieromonk (and future Archimandrite) Kallist (Podzolov). After a bomb damaged the church in 1940, services were transferred to a 1908 cemetery chapel dedicated to St Nicholas, also in the city, until the church was eventually repaired in 1946-47. The parish preserves a letter from St John the Wonderworker, then Archbishop of the Western European Diocese, addressing its life during this period. From 1952 the parish passed to the omoforion of the Exarchate of Parishes of Russian Tradition in Western Europe, under the Patriarchate of Constantinople; and following the dissolution of that Exarchate by Constantinople in November 2018 together with the canonical turmoil of the period, it was received back into the Western European Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia in January 2019 upon the request of its clergy and parishioners, confirmed by a formal decision of its parish council and assembly.

During his brief visit, Bishop Irenei was welcomed by the parish rector, Priest Dionysius Baykov, a cleric of the Western European Diocese, and met with the parish council to discuss its life and pastoral works within the diocese. In the evening, parishioners gathered together with the Bishop in the church to pray a moleben with akathist to St Seraphim before his precious icon. The service was concelebrated by His Grace, Priest Dionysius, along with Archpriest Georgiy Blatinskiy of the diocesan parish in Florence, and Priest Evgeny Nikitin of the parish in Menton, France. Following the service, Bishop Irenei met with parishioners for a discussion in the church, addressing many matters of the life of faith, spiritual works, and the parish’s place in the diocese. A reception was then held in a nearby restaurant, providing the parishioners the occasion to converse with their bishop and celebrate the progress of their spiritual life.

 

по-русский:

 

5 и 6 марта 2019 года Его Преосвященство Иреней, Епископ Ричмондский и Западно-Европейский, совершил свой первый архипастырский визит в приход  Христа Спасителя и Св.Серафима Саровского в Сан-Ремо в Италии, явившийся первый иерархическим визитом со времени возвращения прихода в Западно-Европейскую епархию РПЦЗ (Русской Православной церкви заграницей) в январе этого года.

История церкви Сан-Ремо датируется временем  царицы Марии Александровны, которая любила проводить время в этом городе, где её именем названа одна из популярных улиц  (Passeggiata Imperatrice, ‘Прогулка императрицы’), и где она сама объявила о строительстве церкви, хотя постройке этой суждено было быть завершенной лишь три десятка лет спустя после её кончины.

В 1890 году Великий князь Сергей Михайлович, который также жил в Сан-Ремо, первым поддержал это начинание, и в 1910 году создал комитет по строительству храма по  уполномочению  царя Св. Николая II.

Император не только уполномочил сбор средств на постройку церкви, но и лично стал одним из главных благотворителей. Здание было спроектировано архитекторами А.В. Щусевым и П. Агости в стиле московских храмов XVII века, и церковь была освящена 10 декабря 1913 года в честь Христа Спасителя с дополнительным посвящением Святому Преподобному Серафиму Саровскому.

В первые годы существования у церкви не было ни постоянного священника, ни организованной приходской общины. Приходской комитет был сформирован в 1922 году, и с этого времени в приход начали приезжать временные священники из экзархальной общины в Европе; в 1929 году община перешла под юрисдикцию Русской Православной Церкви Заграницей, и с тех пор здесь служили постоянные священники: протоиерей Владимир Поляков (1929-1935) и иеромонах (в будущем архимандрит) Каллист (Подзоров).

После повреждения церкви во время бомбежки в 1940 году, службу проводили в кладбищенской часовне, также расположенной в черте города,  построенной в 1908 году и посвященной  Св. Николаю; так продолжалось до тех пор, пока церковь не отремонтировали в 1946-1947 годах.  В приходе сохраняется письмо Св. Иоанна Чудотворца, бывшего тогда Архиепископом Западно-Европейской епархии, где он описывает жизнь того периода.

С 1952 года приход перешел под омофор Экзархата приходов русской традиции в Западной Европе под Константинопольским Патриархатом; а в результате роспуска этого Экзархата Константинополем в ноябре 2018 года и последовавших канонических потрясений, вновь был введен в Западно-Европейскую епархию Русской Православной Церкви Заграницей в январе 2019 года по просьбе духовенства и прихожан, подтвержденной официальным решением Приходского совета и общего собрания.

Во время его короткого визита епископа Иренея приветствовал настоятель храма священник Дионисий Байков, священнослужитель Западно-Европейской епархии; он также встретился с членами Приходского совета для обсуждения его деятельности и пастырской работы в пределах епархии. Вечером прихожане собрались вместе с епископом в церкви чтобы отслужить молебен с акафистом Св. Серафиму Саровскому перед его бесценной иконой.

В молебне сослужили  Его Преподобие Священник Дионисий, вместе с протоиереем Георгием Блатинским из епархиального прихода во Флоренции, и священник Евгений Никитин из прихода в Ментоне во Франции. После службы епископ Иреней провел беседу с прихожанами в церкви, обсудив многие вопросы, касающиеся жизни в вере, духовной работы, а также роли  прихода в епархии. После этого в близлежащем ресторане был накрыт торжественный ужин, во время которого у прихожан была возможность пообщаться со своим епископом и отпраздновать важное событие в их духовной жизни.

Related News

VEVEY: 10e anniversaire du décès de Monseigneur Ambroise (Cantacuzène) | ВЕВЕ: 10-летие со дня упокоения епископа Вевейского Амвросия (Кантакузена) | VEVEY: The 10th Anniversary of the Repose of Bishop Ambrose of Vevey

VEVEY: 10e anniversaire du décès de Monseigneur Ambroise (Cantacuzène) | ВЕВЕ: 10-летие со дня упокоения епископа Вевейского Амвросия (Кантакузена)