Except when a blessing might be explicitly given for a singular service where the Bishop feels this might be necessary, as a standard rule it is categorically forbidden to ‘pre-vest’ in this way. The Entrance Prayers are to be said before any vestments are donned, with the clergy clothed only in ryassas (see the separate question on whether to wear a stole during the prayers).
- Bishop Irenei Leads Diocesan Pilgrimage to Shrine of St Alban
- At the Little Entrance of a Hierarchical Divine Liturgy, in what manner do the clergy re-enter the Holy Altar?
- What editions / translations of the Divine Services are to be used?
- When reading the Apostle or Gospel, how are the sainted authors to be named?
- When multiple readings of the Apostle or Gospel are appointed (or when a single reading is repeated in a second language), how are the second and subsequent readings introduced?