A custom has emerged in some places, which is in fact an adoption of heterodox customs from other sources, of clergy and servers in the Altar ‘half bowing’, or inclining their heads or upper bodies forwards, at various moments in the Divine Liturgy (e.g. the ‘words of institution’, the epiclesis, and so on). This is not a practice of our Church and should not be done. In the Altar, we always stand upright and attentive; and at the appointed solemn moments we cross ourselves and make either a bow or prostration (as prescribed).
- First Liturgy is Celebrated at the New Mission Community of St Chad in Telford
- Sermon for the Holy Royal Martyrs by Bishop Irenei | Проповедь епископа Иринея в день памяти Царственных Мучеников
- LONDON: The Feast of the Royal Martyrs is Celebrated in London
- ЖЕНЕВА: Архиепископ Оттавский и Канадский Ириней посетил кафедральный собор Женевы | GENEVA: Archbishop Irenei of Ottawa and Canada visits the Cathedral
- Luxembourg: 90th Anniversary Celebrations at the Parish of Sts Peter and Paul