A custom has emerged in some places, which is in fact an adoption of heterodox customs from other sources, of clergy and servers in the Altar ‘half bowing’, or inclining their heads or upper bodies forwards, at various moments in the Divine Liturgy (e.g. the ‘words of institution’, the epiclesis, and so on). This is not a practice of our Church and should not be done. In the Altar, we always stand upright and attentive; and at the appointed solemn moments we cross ourselves and make either a bow or prostration (as prescribed).
- Bishop Irenei celebrates the Feast of St Seraphim of Sarov in Sanremo, Italy | В день памяти преп. Серафима Саровского, Преосвященный епископ Ириней совершил Литургию в городе Санремо в Италии
- VEVEY: 10e anniversaire du décès de Monseigneur Ambroise (Cantacuzène) | ВЕВЕ: 10-летие со дня упокоения епископа Вевейского Амвросия (Кантакузена) | VEVEY: The 10th Anniversary of the Repose of Bishop Ambrose of Vevey
- The Feast of the Kazan Icon is celebrated in Wallasey by Bishop Irenei, marking the 10th Anniversary of St Elisabeth’s Parish
- First Liturgy is Celebrated at the New Mission Community of St Chad in Telford
- Sermon for the Holy Royal Martyrs by Bishop Irenei | Проповедь епископа Иринея в день памяти Царственных Мучеников