Kneeling (i.e. standing on one’s knees) is not a traditional posture of prayer in Orthodoxy. The only occasion on which we kneel, rather than prostrate ourselves, is during the ‘Kneeling prayers’ on the Vespers of Holy Pentecost. At all other times we are either standing, or we make a full prostration to the ground.
- First Liturgy is Celebrated at the New Mission Community of St Chad in Telford
- Sermon for the Holy Royal Martyrs by Bishop Irenei | Проповедь епископа Иринея в день памяти Царственных Мучеников
- LONDON: The Feast of the Royal Martyrs is Celebrated in London
- ЖЕНЕВА: Архиепископ Оттавский и Канадский Ириней посетил кафедральный собор Женевы | GENEVA: Archbishop Irenei of Ottawa and Canada visits the Cathedral
- Luxembourg: 90th Anniversary Celebrations at the Parish of Sts Peter and Paul