Archpriest Yaroslav Gudymenko has moved to London from Ukraine in order to serve in the Diocesan Cathedral. He took up his duties on February 5th and will reside at the Parish House in Harvard Road. The Cathedral congregation welcomed him to the parish at the Divine Liturgy on Sunday 10th February. Father Yaroslav was ordained in Kherson, in the Ukraine in 2006. He was made Archpriest by Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev in 2009. In about 2014, he became increasingly insterested in the church History of the British Isles. There was very little information in Russian so he used his knowledge of English to read a book by Fr Andrew Phillips called “Orthodox Christianity and the Old English Church.” This book made a great impression on him, especially the section on the relations between Old England and Kievian Rus. He learned that Fr Andrew was living in he UK so wrote to him. Fr Andrew organised his first visit to the UK in November 2017 when he served in the Cathedral and met Bishop Irenei. After a little while, the invitation to serve in the Cathedral came from Bishop Irenei and the Parish Council of the Cathedral. Fr Yaroslav sought release from Archbishop Ionafan, which was granted, and he has now moved to London. He will continue his interests in learning about the origins of Christianity in the British Isles and is looking forward to getting to know the Diocese better over the coming months and years.
- The All-European Church Musicians Conference Concludes at the London Cathedral with the Singing of the Hierarchical Vigil and Divine Liturgy. | Общеевропейская конференция церковных певчих завершила свою работу в кафедральном соборе Лондона.
- On the Sunday after Theophany, Bishop Irenei Makes an Archpastoral Visit to the Kazan Icon Parish in Cardiff, Wales. | В Неделю после Богоявления Преосвященный епископ Ириней совершает архипастырский визит в приход Казанской иконы Божией Матери в Кардиффе, Уэльс.
- On the Feast of Theophany, the Diocese’s Senior-most Cleric Receives a High Award from the Holy Synod. | В праздник Богоявления, старейший священнослужитель епархии получил высокую награду от Архиерейского Синода.
- Матушка Эмилия Пух из Люксембургского прихода отошла ко Господу. | Matushka Emilia Poukh de la paroisse luxembourgeoise s’est reposée dans le Seigneur. | Matushka Emilia Poukh of the Luxembourg Parish Has Reposed in the Lord.
- ‘The Relationship Between our Churches is as Close and Deep as is Possible to be Found’: Bishop Irenei Hosts a Christmas Charity Dinner in Monaco, in Celebration of the Century-long Relationship of the Church Abroad and the Serbian Orthodox Church. | «Отношения между нашими Церквами настолько близки и глубоки, насколько это возможно»: в Монако епископ Ириней возглавил благотворительный Рождественский ужин, посвященном вековым взаимоотношениям Зарубежной и Сербской Православных Церквей.