Uncovering of the relics of St John the Wonderworker

English Introduction:

As we approach the 30th anniversary (on 29th September / 12th October 2023) of the uncovering of the relics of St John the Wonderworker of Shanghai San Francisco, we provide here the full account of the uncovering of his precious relics written by a witness and active participant in that event: Reader Vladimir Krassovsky.

The full uncovering of the relics was preceded by a preliminary investigation of St John’s tomb, the account of which we have published previously.

The account that follows describes the second approach to the tomb, and the full uncovering of the saint’s precious relics. It was written at the time of the uncovering of the relics and was edited and blessed by Archbishop Laurus and Archbishop Anthony of San Francisco — both of whom were also participants. Within, Vladimir Krassovsky recounts the spiritual gift to the world that was revealed thirty years ago. We publish his text here in English and Russian, which he has kindly provided for our reprinting. Click here to scroll directly to the English text.

Scans of the original typesets of Vladimir’s texts are found at the bottom of the page.

Русское введение:

Приближаясь к 30-летию (29 сентября / 12 октября 2023 г.) обретения мощей святителя Иоанна Шанхайского и Сан-Франциско чудотворца мы приводим здесь полный отчет об обретении его драгоценных мощей, написанный свидетелем и активным участником этого события: читателем Владимиром Красовским.

Полному обретению мощей предшествовало предварительное исследование гробницы святителя Иоанна, отчет о котором мы публиковали ранее.

Нижеследующее повествование описывает второй подход к гробнице и полное обретение драгоценных мощей святителя. Оно было написано во время обретения мощей, отредактировано и благословлено архиепископом Лавром и архиепископом Сан-Францисским Антонием, которые также были участниками. Владимир Красовский рассказывает о духовном даре миру, явленном тридцать лет назад. Мы публикуем здесь его текст (на английском и русском языках), который он любезно предоставил для нашего переиздания. Нажмите здесь, чтобы перейти прямо к русскому тексту.

Сканы оригинальных наборов текстов находятся внизу страницы.


The Lord keepeth all their bones, not one of them shall be broken (Ps.33).

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

In the year 1993 from the Nativity in the Flesh of God the Word, on the feast of St. Chariton the Confessor, the 29th of September / 11th of October, the All-merciful Lord revealed to us sinners the greatest mercy through the uncovering of the holy and greatly-healing relics of the Hierarch and Wonderworker John, Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco who rests in the beautifully embellished and prayer-filled sepulchre, untouched for twenty-seven years after burial, under the Cathedral of the Most Holy Mother of God, Joy of All Who Sorrow.

Monday was a strict fast day for all those who took part in this holy obedience to the Church. Many prepared by serving the Divine Liturgy and through Confession. In the evening, after Vespers was served at the altar of our Holy Father John of Kronstadt, Wonderworker of all Russia, in whose canonization the ever-memorable Vladyka John took part, a blessing was taken from the ruling Archbishop Anthony around eight o’clock in the evening by Priest George Kurtow, Priest Alexander Krassovsky, Protodeacon Nikolai Porshnikoff, Deacon Alexei Kotar, and Reader Vladimir Krassovsky. After the blessing these participants entered the holy sepulchre in order to make the necessary preparations which earlier had been blessed by His Grace, the ruling Archbishop. In the sepulchre the caretaker, Boris Michailovich Troyan, was already working and waiting.

A long table was prepared on which was later placed the new, temporary, pine casket. Crowbars, hammers and other instruments were brought in. All candle stands, analoys, and flowers were placed aside to make more room for the work. Candles were burning on the candle stands and the entire sepulchre was fully illumined.

After the initial preparation work was completed, and after the exclamation “Blessed is our God,” and the beginning prayers, they began to read the Gospel from St. John over the casket, In the beginning was the Word… Around nine o’clock in the evening during the reading of the Holy Gospel, the ruling bishop of Western America, Vladyka Archbishop Anthony, Archbishop Laurus of Syracuse and Holy Trinity, Bishop Kyrill of Seattle, Archpriest Stephan Pavlenko, Archpriest Peter Perekrestov, Priest Sergey Kotar, Hieromonk Peter (Loukianoff), Priest Paul Iwaszewicz and Hierodeacon Andronik (Taratuchin) arrived at the holy sepulchre. All together there were fifteen people: three hierarchs, seven priests, three deacons, one reader, and one layman.

All three bishops, as well as all the priests, read from the Holy Gospel. Around 9:07, after the Gospel readings, the bishops began to serve a full Pannykhida which was sung by the clergy. This ended around 9:45 P.M. Before the chanting of Memory Eternal the “Prayer Before the Beginning of Every Good Work” was read. Vladyka then turned to all those present with the following words, “Honored Vladykas, Fathers, and Brethren; the Lord has sent us in holy obedience to our Church in order to examine and report concerning the honorable remains of our good instructor, Archbishop and father, Vladyka John. Let us approach this holy work with love for one another… with one mouth and one heart.” Vladyka Anthony then asked forgiveness of all present, then made a prostration, which was repeated by all with the words, “God forgive you and us. Pray for us, Holy Vladyka.” The Protodeacon then intoned “Memory Eternal.”

The new, temporary, pine casket was then brought in. The inside of the casket was lined with satin. On top of the casket was fixed a Cross. Inside the casket was placed a new, white sheet. The casket was blessed with a prayer.

All of the sacred objects and the brocade were taken off the holy sarcophagus. An explanation was made to all those present concerning the former investigation which had taken place during the night of September 17 / 30, the commemoration of the Holy Martyrs Faith, Hope, Love, and Wisdom. We then proceeded to remove the cement lid from the sarcophagus which weighed around four hundred pounds. This took place during the compunctionate singing by all of the troparion, “Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.” The lid was taken into the corridor outside of the sepulchre. All those who had not been present at the initial investigation now saw that the mantle which covered the casket was like new.

Taking into consideration that the initial examination had shown that the casket was severely rusted, all present proceeded to tie the casket in four places because it was not known what condition the bottom was in. During the singing of the ekos “Thou alone art immortal,” the holy casket with the remains of Vladyka John was very carefully raised from out of the sarcophagus. It was initially raised higher in order to examine the underside. Then boards were placed underneath, and the casket was placed on the sarcophagus. During the examination of the casket, it was noticed that the casket had severely decomposed, and in many spots rust had eaten through. The casket which was a silver-gray color at the burial was now golden, due to the tarnished lacquer coloring. Vladyka Anthony then blessed Hieromonk Peter (Loukianoff) of Holy Trinity Monastery to open the casket. After the casket was closed at the burial, Fr. Peter had kept the key during these past years in memory of Vladyka John. After a few attempts had been made to open the lid of the casket, it became apparent that the lock had rusted through. In spite of all careful attempts the lock would not open. The lock was finally broken by the Protodeacon’s earnest prying. It was necessary to use crowbars, screwdrivers, and pliers to separate the lid. The casket began to break up and fall apart in front of our very eyes. Calling to aid the Most Holy Mother of God, we sang “We have no other help, we have no other hope but thee, O Sovereign Lady…” Finally, after approximately ten minutes of work, the lid was separated from the casket. It is difficult to describe in words that trembling state which overcame all of us. Vladyka Anthony lifted the half lid at the upper end of the coffin during the singing of, “The door of compassion open to us, O blessed Theotokos,” and the holy relics of Vladyka John were revealed to us. The most devout feeling of peace and quiet reigned. Those present clearly saw the outline of the reposed bishop’s form vested in brocade Paschal vestments which, due to dampness and humidity, had turned a greenish color. On Vladyka’s head was a white miter with hand-painted icons. Vladyka’s face was covered with a white chalice cover embellished with painted Seraphims. Under his right hand there lay a wooden staff. The remains were sprinkled with a considerable amount of earth. The author of these lines who at the time of the burial served as a staff-bearer for the ever-memorable Savva, Bishop of Edmonton, recalls that before the closing of the casket His Grace, Vladyka Savva, sprinkled earth over Vladyka John out of a rather large container. At the same time another bishop, the ever-memorable Vladyka Leonty of Chile, poured oil from the Service of Unction on the body.

The dry, incorrupt hands of Vladyka John were raised slightly in the air since the lower part of the torso had sunk in. We could see skin and nails. The prayer rope on his left hand had decayed. The wooden cross from Jerusalem on which was glued a paper icon, as well as the “Prayer of Absolution” were still preserved in Vladyka’s hands. His Cross and Panaghia also remained. A small gospel book from Kiev, bound in leather, was still intact despite the fact that the inner binding had disintegrated and fallen apart. There was another Cross in the casket by the left shoulder which fell apart when examined. A small icon of the Holy Archangel Michael (Vladyka’s patron in the world) had almost entirely disintegrated. All of these holy objects were then taken out of the casket and put aside. It was known that at the burial the material lining the inside of the casket was a light blue; now, due to mold and dampness, it had turned green.

Vladyka Anthony crossed himself and while reading aloud the fiftieth psalm, “Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy..,” very carefully raised the chalice cover from the face of the reposed Vladyka John. Now the most honorable face of Vladyka John was uncovered. All present felt deep devotion and total peace in their souls. No one acted surprised or expressed amazement, but with great compunction we gazed upon the incorrupt visage of the reposed Vladyka. The skin color was light, almost white. The hairs of the head and beard as well as the eyebrows were grey and preserved intact on the face. Even the eyelashes were preserved. Vladyka’s mouth was slightly open and teeth were visible. The miter and inscription were preserved, though the icon of St. John the Baptist on the left side of the miter had fallen off and was lying on the pillow. A clean aer was brought to cover the face. We then commenced to uncover the lower half of the casket which was very rusted. It was necessary again to use crowbars and screwdrivers to separate it. When it was opened all present saw that the lower part of the vestments had been fully preserved. Leather sandals were visible on Vladyka’s feet and it was noticed that on part of the left heel the bone was visible. As much of the feet as was visible were preserved, revealing darkly colored skin. It was decided that the relics could not remain in the old, disintegrating casket and that it would be necessary to place them in the newly prepared one. We began to sing the eirmosi of the Great Canon of Repentance of St. Andrew of Crete from the Service for the Burial of a Priest: “A helper and protector was He unto me for salvation…,” “Attend, O heaven, and I will speak…,” “Behold, behold, that I am God…” During the singing the holy relics were prepared for transfer to the new casket. The table with the new casket, which was next to the fresco of the Protection of the Most Holy Mother of God, was moved closer to the head of the old casket. “On the immovable rock of Thy commandments, O Christ…” was sung while the holy relics were lifted in our hands and transferred. They were lowered into the new casket during the singing of the troparion, “Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.”

They were cleaned of the earth, dust and rust that had covered them. As all could see and feel, the holy relics were whole and did not fall apart. The tendons between the bones had been preserved. The relics were very light. All present saw that the vestments on the underside of the holy relics were also totally preserved. After cleaning off the dust the holy relics were placed in the new casket and wrapped in a clean sheet. During the singing of the kontakion, “My soul, my soul, arise, why steepest thou?”, the old casket was taken out of the sepulchre and placed in the neighboring room. The odor of dampness and rust disappeared and all sensed that there was no odor of corruption whatsoever around the relics. During this time the Priest Yaroslav Belikow was waiting with his two year old son not far from the sepulchre. His son Vsvelod was suffering from an illness of the kidneys and was brought into the sepulchre in order to be placed on the incorrupt hands of Vladyka John. Then all commenced to clean out the cement sarcophagus in which much rust remained. During the singing of the ninth Eirmos of the Great Canon, “A seedless conception…,” the casket with the relics was placed on the cement sarcophagus. The holy objects that were in the old casket were put in an envelope and put in the new casket. Then it was lowered into the sarcophagus and the lid was placed on the casket. Vladyka Archbishop Laurus tied a cord around the casket and Vladyka Anthony sealed it with the diocesan seal and the mantle was placed on top. During the singing of “A seedless conception” the cement lid was placed back and the sarcophagus was again covered with the brocade cover. All the other objects, the icons, ripidi, trikiri, dikiri were returned to their place. After this work a litiya for the dead was served and all were anointed with oil from the ever-burning lampada on the sarcophagus. Following the example of Patriarch Paul of Serbia, all of the clergy sang the troparion to a hierarch, “Teacher of Orthodoxy,” which the Patriarch has sung last year when he visited the cathedral. Vladyka Anthony then expressed his gratitude to all for their labor and zeal. Around 11:15 P.M. all began to return to their homes in an exalted, prayerful state of trepidation, sending up gratitude to the Lord God for the mercy, comfort, and spiritual joy which He had sent. Amen.

Wondrous is God in His saints! Holy Father John pray to God for us!

Reader Vladimir Krassovsky

(NB: This account, approved of by the Hierarchs present, was used as one of the principal sources in preparing the official Act of the Commission on the Examination of the Relics, prior to St John’s glorification in 1994, and presented to the Holy Synod.)


«Хранит Господь вся кости их, ни едина от них сокрушится» (Пс. 33,21)

Во Имя Отца и Сына и Святаго Духа.

В лето тысяча девятьсот девяносто третье от Рождества по плоти Бога Слова, в день преподобного Харитона Исповедника (29.09/11.10), явил нам грешным Всемилостивый Господь величайшую милость, обретение святых и многоцелебных мощей святителя и чудотворца Иоанна, архиепископа Шанхайского и Сан-Францисского, кои почивают в благоукрашенной и намоленной усыпальнице, уже нетронутыми 27 лет от погребения, под спудом кафедрального собора Пресвятой Богородицы «Всех скорбящих Радости», что в богоспасаемом граде Сан-Франциско.

Понедельник для всех, кто участвовал в святом послушании Церкви, был строго постным. Многие готовились служением Божественной Литургии, святым таинством исповеди. Вечером, после молитвы во время вечернего богослужения, которое совершалось в приделе святого праведного отца нашего Иоанна Кронштадтского, всея России чудотворца, в прославлении коего участвовал приснопамятный владыка Иоанн, приняв благословение у правящего архиепископа Антония, около 8 часов вечера пополудни священник Георгий Куртов, священник Александр Красовский, протодиакон Николай Поршников, диакон Алексей Котар и чтец Владимир Красовский изошли во святую усыпальницу для того, чтобы совершить нужные приготовления, которые ранее благословил Высокопреосвященный правящий архиепископ. В усыпальнице ждал и уже работал смотритель усыпальницы Борис Михайлович Троян.

Был приготовлен длинный стол, на котором потом был поставлен новый, временный, сделанный из сосны гроб. Принесены были ломы, молотки и другие инструменты. Все подсвечники, аналои, цветы были убраны в сторону, чтобы было больше места для работы. На подсвечниках горели свечи, и усыпальница была полностью освещена.

По окончании подготовительных работ после возгласа «Благословен Бог наш» и начальных молитв начали читать над гробницей Святое Евангелие от Иоанна: «В начале бе Слово…», и уже к девяти часам пополудни, во время чтения Святого Евангелия, прибыли во святую усыпальницу правящий Западной Американской епархией Владыка архиепископ Антоний, архиепископ Сиракузский и Троицкий Лавр, епископ Сеаттлийский Кирилл, протоиерей Стефан Павленко, протоиерей Петр Перекрестов, иерей Сергий Котар, иеромонах Петр (Лукьянов), иерей Павел Ивашевич и иеродиакон Андроник (Таратухин). Было всего 15 человек: три в архиерейском сане, семь в иерейском сане, три в диаконском сане, один чтец и один мирянин.

Все три архиерея, как и все остальные священники, читали Святое Евангелие. После чтения, около 9.07 вечера, владыки начали служить полную панихиду при пении всего клира, которая закончилась около 9. 45 часов вечера. Перед провозглашением «Вечной памяти» была вознесена молитва перед началом доброго дела, затем Владыка обратился ко всем присутствующим со следующими словами: «Преосвященнейшие владыки, отцы и братие. Господь послал нам святое послушание Церкви нашей осмотреть, освидетельствовать честные останки дорогого нашего наставника и архипастыря и отца владыки Иоанна… Приступим же к этому святому делу с любовью друг ко другу… едиными усты и единем сердцем…»

Владыка Антоний затем просил у всех прощения, сделав земной поклон, после которого все ответили земным поклоном со словами «Бог тя простит, прости нас, помолися о нас, Владыко святый». Протодиакон провозгласил «Вечную память».

Был внесён новый сосновый временный гроб. Внутренняя сторона гроба была обита белым атласом. Сверху на крышке белый восьмиконечный крест. Во гроб была положена новая белая простыня. Тут же, по прочтении молитвы, гроб был освящён.

Все священные предметы, парчовый покров были сняты со святой гробницы, и последовало объяснение всем присутствующим о предварительном исследовании, которое проводилось в ночь 17/30 сентября – день памяти святых мучениц Веры, Надежды, Любови и матери их Софии. Затем приступили к снятию бетонной крышки гробницы, весом около 400 фунтов, что было сделано при умилительном общем пении тропарей «Помилуй нас, Господи, помилуй нас». Крышка была вынесена в коридор перед усыпальницей. Все те, которые не были при предварительном исследовании, удивились, когда увидели, что мантия, которая покрывала гроб, была как новая.

Принимая во внимание то, что предварительное исследование показало, что гроб очень сильно проржавел, присутствующие приступили к перевязыванию гроба в четырёх местах, так как не было известно, в каком состоянии дно гроба.

При пении икоса «Сам Един еси Безсмертный» святой гроб с останками владыки Иоанна был поднят из гробницы с особой осторожностью, сначала высоко, чтобы проверить нижнюю сторону, затем были подложены перекладинки, доска, и гроб был поставлен на гробницу. При осмотре гроба было видно, что гроб сильно истлел и во многих частях наружной оболочки были истлевшие насквозь места. Гроб, который при погребении был серебристо – голубого цвета, сейчас был золотистого цвета, от пожелтевшего на металле лака.

Владыка Антоний благословил иеромонаха Петра (Лукьянова) из Свято – Троицкого монастыря открыть гроб. После закрытия им гроба при погребении, о. Петр хранил ручку, ключ от гроба на память все эти годы.

После нескольких попыток открыть крышку гроба было видно, что замок заржавел, и несмотря на осторожно предпринятые меры, замок всё же не открывался.

При более усердном старании отца протодиакона замок сломался. Пришлось ломами, щипцами и отвертками отделять крышку. Гроб разваливался, рассыпался на глазах у всех. Взывая о помощи Пречистой Матери Божией, запели: «Не имамы иныя помощи, не имамы иныя надежды, разве Тебе Владычице, Ты нам помози…» Наконец, после приблизительно десятиминутной работы, крышка гроба отделилась. Трудно описать словами то трепетное состояние, которое охватило всех нас.

Владыка Антоний при общем пении «Милосердия Двери отверзи нам, Благословенная Богородице» приподнял верхнюю половину крышки гроба, и открылись святые мощи владыки Иоанна.

Воцарилась благоговейная тишина и спокойствие. В гробу присутствующие увидели ясно обозначенный остов почившего, облачённый в пасхальное парчовое облачение, которое от сырости и влаги приобрело зеленоватый цвет. На главе у Владыки белая митра с написанными иконами. Лик Владыки был покрыт белым воздухом с писаными Серафимами. Под правой рукой лежал деревянный посох. Останки были засыпаны изрядным количеством земли. Пишущий эти строки, будучи тогда при погребении прислужником, жезлоносцем у приснопамятного епископа Эдмонтонского Саввы, помнит, что при закрытии гроба Преосвященный владыка Савва из довольно большого сосуда высыпал землю на покойного владыку Иоанна, пока другой Преосвященный, приснопамятный Владыка архиепископ Леонтий Чилийский, возливал масло от святого елеосвящения на тело.

Сухие, нетленные руки владыки Иоанна как бы повисли немного в воздухе, так как нижняя часть туловища истлела. Были видны и кожа, и ногти. Чётки на левой руке истлели. Сохранились в руках у Владыки деревянный крест из Иерусалима с наклеенной литографией – иконой – и разрешительная молитва. Крест и панагия сохранились. Небольшое Евангелие киевского издания в кожаном переплёте сохранилось несмотря на то, что корка истлела и отпала. Был в гробу у левого плеча ещё один крест, который развалился, когда его осматривали. Небольшая иконка св. Архистратига Михаила тоже почти вся истлела (владыка Иоанн в миру носил имя св. Архистратига Михаила). Все эти святыни потом были изъяты из гроба и отложены в сторону.

Было известно, что при погребении материал внутри гроба был голубого цвета. Сейчас же от плесени и сырости материал стал зелёного цвета.

Владыка Антоний, перекрестившись, читая вслух 50-й псалом «Помилуй мя, Боже, по велицей милости Твоей», трепетно и с большой осторожностью поднял воздух с лика почившего владыки Иоанна. Открылся теперь и честный лик. У всех на душе полное спокойствие, глубокое чувство благоговения. Никто не удивлялся, не восхищался… Все с умилением лицезрели нетленный лик почившего Владыки. Цвет кожи – светлый, почти белый. Волосы главы и бороды, брови седоватого цвета сохранились и не отделялись от лика… Даже ресницы сохранились. Нос же частично предался тлению. Уста у Владыки были немного приоткрытые, и были видны зубы. Митра на главе и венчик сохранились, хотя левая иконка св. Иоанна Крестителя на митре отпала и лежала на подушке. Был принесен чистый воздух для покрытия лика.

Приступили затем к открытию нижней половины крышки гроба, которая очень заржавела. Пришлось так же ломами и отвертками отделять. Когда открыли, то увидели все присутствующие, что нижняя часть облачения тоже полностью сохранилась. На ногах у Владыки были кожаные сандалии, и было видно, что часть пятки левой ноги истлела до кости. Сами ноги, насколько было видно, – тёмного цвета кожа, мышцы сохранились.

Было решено, что мощи нельзя оставлять в старом истлевшем гробу и что нужно переложить их в новый приготовленный гроб.

Начали петь покаянный Великий канон св. Андрея Критского из чина священнического отпевания: «Помощник и Покровитель бысть мне во спасение… Вонми небо, и возглаголю… Видите, видите, яко Аз есмь Бог».

Во время пения приготавливали святые мощи к переложению в новый гроб. Стол с гробом, который стоял у иконы Покрова Пресвятыя Богородицы, был подвинут поближе к главе старого гроба.

«На недвижимем, Христе, камени заповедей Твоих…» – и подняли на руки святые мощи и перенесли их. Перед тем как опустить их в новый гроб, при пении тропарей «Помилуй нас Господи, помилуй нас», очис­тили их от насыпанной земли и от ржавой пыли.

Святые мощи, как все увидели и ощущали, были цельные и не распадались. Сохранились связки между костями. Весом – очень нетяжёлые. Увидели все присутствующие, что облачения и с задней стороны святых мощей также полностью сохранились.

По очищении от пыли святые мощи были положены во гробе новом и обвёрнуты чистой простынёй.

При пении кондака «Душе моя, душе моя, востани, что спиши» старый гроб был вынесен из усыпальницы и поставлен в соседнюю комнату. Запах сырости и ржавчины исчез, и все почувствовали, что от святых мощей не было никакого запаха тления.

В это время недалеко от усыпальницы ждал священник Ярослав Беликов с ребёнком. Двухлетний сын о. Ярослава, Всеволод, болеет почками, и его принесли в усыпальницу, чтобы дать приложиться к нетленным рукам владыки Иоанна.

Затем все приступили к очистке бетонной гробницы, в которой было очень много ржавой пыли. При пении 9-й песни Великого канона «Безсеменнаго зачатия…» гроб со святыми мощами был поставлен над бетонной гробницей. Святыни, бывшие в гробу, были вложены в конверт и положены в новый гроб. Гроб затем был опущен в гробницу, и возложили на гроб крышку. Владыка архиепископ Лавр обвязал гроб шнуром, владыка Антоний приложил епархиальную печать, и была возложена мантия на святой гроб.

При пении «Безсеменнаго зачатия» бетонная крышка снова была положена на своё место, гробницу снова покрыли парчовым покрывалом, и поставили все предметы (митру, иконы, дикирий, трикирий) на свои места.

После всех работ была отслужена заупокойная лития и все были помазаны маслом из неугасимой лампады, которая стоит на гробнице. Следуя примеру сербского Патриарха Павла, который посетил в прошлом году усыпальницу, всем клиром был пропет тропарь святителю: «Православия наставниче…». Затем владыка Антоний благодарил всех за понесённые труды и за ревность, и все, около 11. 15 часов ночи, в трепетном молитвенном подъёме начали расходиться по домам, воссылая Господу Богу благодарность за ниспосланную милость, утешение и радость духовную. Аминь.

Дивен Бог во Святых Своих! Святителю отче Иоанне, моли Бога о нас.

Чтец Владимир Красовский

(Примечание: этот отчет, одобренный присутствовавшими иерархами, был одним из основных источников при подготовке официального Акта Комиссии о освидетельствовании мощей перед прославлением святителя Иоанна в 1994 году и представлен на рассмотрение Священного Синода.)

Scan of Vladimir Krassovsky’s original typeset report:

The scan includes the Russian version first, and below it the English.