As part of our broader collection of liturgical resources, this page contains a collection of downloadable / printable resources for Orthodox clergy, which complement the materials found in the standard Service Books of the Church with additional rites and services, or texts specific to the practice of our Diocese.
Litanies, petitions and prayers within the Divine Services:
- Petitions for cessation of bloodshed in Ukraine, to be inserted in the Litany of Fervent Supplication; together with the Priest’s prayer for the cessation of civil strife in Ukraine (Slavonic and English) (updated August 2023)
- ‘Save, O God, Thy people…’: Long and short forms of the petition used at the litany of the Litya, as well as after the Gospel reading in Matins, together with the full commemoration prayer said by the Priest at the Litya (Slavonic and English) (updated August 2023)
- Petitions for the commemoration of the Monarchy in the United Kingdom (Slavonic and English) (updated October 2022)
- Sunday of Orthodoxy: Rite of the Triumph of Orthodoxy for parish use, without a Bishop presiding (Slavonic and English) (updated March 2023)
- Service of All Saints of the Helvetic (Swiss) Lands, the work of Bishop Ambrose of Geneva (Slavonic; also available in French)
- Moleben and Akathist to the Wonderworking Kursk-root Icon of the Theotokos (available in parallel Slavonic-English and Slavonic-French editions) (Updated February 2022)
- Private Bedtime Prayers (English). Prayers to be said immediately before sleep; printable version that can be distributed to parishioners.
- Canon to St Varus, for the salvation of the non-baptised (English; a Slavonic edition is found here). This may be prayed privately by the Priest or by family members, or the Priest may pray it together with family members before the icons in their home.
- Guidance for the celebration of the Orthodox wedding service (English) (updated 2023). Liturgical and pastoral instruction for Priests in preparing a couple for marriage, and the correct performance of the service itself.
- Supplement to the Order of Services volume: Rubrics for the Divine Services during the Lesser Fasts (English).
- Charts explaining the means of singing the Matins Canons during Great Lent, with the inclusion of the Biblical Odes and verses from the Triodion and Menaia (English) (updated 2021)
- Archpriest Serafim Gan’s grammatical guidance for correct commemorations in Church Slavonic (Russian-Slavonic) (updated March 2017)
- The French edition of the Great Book of Needs (Grand Euchologe Français) (French)